Birthday treats

>> Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Today is my birthday! I had a lovely morning opening up birthday presents from Bradley. There were lots of nice things, such as a necklace, blue floral umbrella from the Gap, and lovely stamps from Britain illustrated by famous children's book illustrators. But the main highlight were lots and lots of fabric pieces. He gave me 70 small squares of 20s and 30s reproduction fabric, and some packages of solid colour quilting squares, and 1/2 yards of three patterns. He actually started giving me little batches of the squares as a pre-birthday treat for each of the nine days before my birthday.

I'm going to show you my 36 favourite patterns. I love monochromatic colour schemes, so I've organized them a little bit along those lines. These yellow ones are my favourites. It's hard to see but the one on the top right is made up of tiny little squares. It's quite busy but will be very nice on something very small. I adore the ones on the top left and bottom right - the picture is a little bit blurry so it doesn't show them off to full effect.
Did I say the yellows are my favourites? Hmm. Maybe these are my favourites. The top right is so cute, it's apples and letters. I like red.Here are some nice greens.I love these blues. My favourites are on the bottom row. In case you're wondering the bottom right pattern is of kittens who have lost their mittens.
Here's a pinwheel showing some more of my favourites. I like to look at patterns I might not usually choose and imagine a project they would be good for. Two sewers I really admire who combine fabrics wonderfully are Alison (malisonian) and Rina (three green apples). Be sure to visit their etsy shops too: malisonian and three green apples! I like to go to Flickr and etsy to get inspiration for new projects. And finally here are the three fabrics that are 1/2 yards. Bradley knew I liked the one in the middle but he chose the other two himself. I think the one on the bottom is so cool - I can't wait to make something from it!p.s. yes, that's a picture of me at the top of the post. And regarding the fabrics, I am reminded of the time I asked my 5-year old nephew which of the animals we had just seen at the zoo was his favourite. He looked at me as if I was a little nutty and replied that ALL the animals were his favourites.

23 comments:

gkgirl April 19, 2006  

#1 happy birthday, of course!

#2 wow about that fabric! how sweet was that...so thoughtful!

:)
have a great day!

Heather April 19, 2006  

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! you like to look at etsy and flickr for inspiration and I like to look at your blog! Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous,  April 19, 2006  

wow. you scored, girl!! LOVE all the fabrics, but I think I like the blues best. And the half yard cuts, and the reds...wait, I must be nutty--they are ALL my favorites! Happy birthday!!

Jenn April 19, 2006  

Happy birthday!!! :)

and wow...all those fabrics are adorable! he did a great job!!

I hope you continue to have a great day!

.♥.

Funky Finds April 19, 2006  

Happy birthday! Have a wonderful day!!

Robin April 19, 2006  

Happy birthday! Your day is off to a great start with all of that wonderful fabric! Hope the rest is just as good.

Anonymous,  April 19, 2006  

happy birthday! what lovely fabrics-
:)

Tania Ho April 19, 2006  

happy birthday Claire !
and what a lovely birthday present, they're all gorgeous :-)

Jannie aka Chickengirl April 19, 2006  

aww happy birthday, Claire!

Susan Mitchell April 19, 2006  

Happy Birthday Claire! And you do make a perfect couple - it sounds like Bradley knows you so well and all the things you love. Have a lovely day filled with happiness and cake!

Anonymous,  April 19, 2006  

Happy Birthday!! And wow! What great presents. Beautiful fabrics!

Anonymous,  April 19, 2006  

Happy Birthday! The fabric is wonderful, what a great guy you have!

Toni April 19, 2006  

Happy Birthday Claire! What a cute little girl you were*

Anonymous,  April 20, 2006  

Happy Birthday, Needle Book!

julie April 20, 2006  

Happy birthday and lovely fabrics! Enjoy using them. Can you show us the stamps please!!!

Anonymous,  April 20, 2006  

Happy birthday again, dear. You know I love that little photo of you!

Great work on the fabric haul too, Bradley! I think I like little apples and letters the best.

Anonymous,  April 20, 2006  

Happy Birthday!

molly | mommycoddle.com April 20, 2006  

Happy Birthday Claire! What wonderful treats---I kept looking at the fabric blocks thinking this one is my favorite, then i'd see another and another...but i still think my most fav is the little blue circles at the very bottom of your post.
What a fun birthday!!

Anonymous,  April 20, 2006  

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!! (those are all wonderful fabrics!!)

Anette Heiberg April 20, 2006  

Happy birthday!
Your fabrics looks beautiful. I bet you're going to make wonderful things out of them.
www.wynlen.no

Anonymous,  April 21, 2006  

Happy Birthday Claire! What a cute picture :)

patricia zapata April 29, 2006  

Happy belated birthday Claire! I hadn't had time to visit recently and missed this. Hope you had a great time. Your fabrics are yummy!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP