I've heard about this "tagging" before

>> Friday, February 17, 2006

I've started making more needle books lately. I finished this one last night, the inside pages are light pink felted wool, and the lining is a pink floral fabric. The top is brown courdoroy with a snap closure and some felt applique and crewel embroidery. It may go into my etsy shop but I haven't decided yet.

I've been tagged by A Little Hut...

Four jobs I've had in my life:
first job ever: paper route
working my way through university: data manager
decided I wanted to do something creative: graphic designer
currently (my dream job): children's book illustrator

Four movies I would watch over and over:
• about a boy
• A Room with a View
• The Talented Mr. Ripley
• Harry Potter 1, 2, and 3

Four places I have lived:
one year in Edinburgh, Scotland at age 9
that's it, except for neighbourhoods in Toronto: grew up in the Beaches, several years in the Annex, currently downtown

Four TV Shows I like to watch:
• The Office (love the original)
• Curb your Enthusiasm
• To the Manor Born
• Doctor Who

Four Places I have been on vacation:
• Dorset, Weymouth, Plymouth and London, England
• Playa del Carmen, Mexico
• New York City
• Holguín, Cuba

Four Websites I visit daily:
• Flickr
• hotmail
• blogger
• fellow crafters blogs

Four of my favorite foods:
• jam roly poly and custard
• fruit in general: especially lychees and longans
• Vietnamese: cold shrimp rolls and peanut sauce
• Japanese: mixed barbecue set

Four places I would rather be right now:
• Number Seventeen, Cherry-Tree Lane
• Moominvalley
• Misselthwaite Manor
• Much Frensham, Little Alders
*The first person to email me at clairelmilne(at)hotmail.com, explaining what these references are, will get a wee prize mailed to them by me! Clue for #4: the children also stay in BEDfordshire. It's over! Cathy Gaubert just identified all four places. Thanks everyone.*


14 comments:

Anonymous,  February 17, 2006  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claire Louise Milne February 17, 2006  

Oops- I just realized people will give away some answers by posting them in the comment. Better email me at clairelmilne(at)hotmail.com.

Thanks for delurking Cathy! You missed #4 though - that's a tricky one!

You may still win though if no one else knows all four...

Anonymous,  February 17, 2006  

1. mary poppin's household
2. setting for a series of books by tove jansson
3. the manor of mary lennox's uncle (the secret garden)
4. bedknobs and broomsticks
i admit to having to google #'s 2 & 4!
:) cathy (who is de-lurking finally)

patricia zapata February 17, 2006  

That was a fun read. Thanks Claire! I still can't figure out #4 though.

Claire Louise Milne February 17, 2006  

I reposted Cathy's comment now that she has emailed me with all four right answers. I'm going to be sending her a little something.
thanks Cathy!

Anonymous,  February 17, 2006  

I love your needle book. Actually, I got #4 (movie geek here), it was #2 that had me stumped!

Anonymous,  February 17, 2006  

:)
i wish i was in moomin valley too-
the needle book is so pretty!

Anonymous,  February 18, 2006  

I love Dr Who as well and Vietnamese roll ups.
What you gave Blair is awesome.

wimpy February 18, 2006  

lovelovelove all your little bags!

Anonymous,  February 19, 2006  

oh, claire! i am so excited to be receiving a little goodie from you! i love your idea for the camera bag, too. :) cathy

Claire Louise Milne February 19, 2006  

I was very happy to meet you Cathy, your ATCs are beautiful so I'm looking forward to swapping those. thanks for answering the quiz!

Anonymous,  February 19, 2006  

What a beautiful needle book... we've just spent the early morning making little owl shaped pin cushions. Love your blog, so glad to have found it via your flickr album. See you, g

Toni February 19, 2006  

That needlebook is beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP